EURO Gold Medal 2015
Jury of the EURO Gold Medal 2015
- Ger Koole (The Netherlands) - chair
- Berç Rustem (United Kingdom)
- Luk Van Wassenhove (France)
- Richard Eglese (United Kingdom)
- Martine Labbé (Belgium)
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
- The EURO Gold Medal is the highest distinction within OR in Europe. It is conferred on a prominent person for an outstanding contribution to Operational Research. The award will be officially bestowed at the opening plenary session of the EURO XXVII Conference in Glasgow, if there is a suitable candidate.
- The EURO Gold Medal shall be awarded for a body of work in operational research, preferably published over a period of several years. Although recent work should not be excluded, care should be taken to allow the contribution to stand the test of time. The potential prize recipient should have a recognized stature in the European OR community. Significance, innovation, depth, and scientific excellence should be stressed.
- To emphasize the European flavour of the Award, all societies are strongly urged not to propose a candidate from their own country. No currently active officer of EURO (Executive Committee member, EURO Gold Medal jury member, Organising and Program Committee Chairperson of the EURO XXVI Conference) is eligible.
- Nominations for the 2015 EURO Gold Medal can come from EURO member national societies, the previous EURO Gold Medal laureates and jury chairs.
- Nominations should be sent to:
Ger KooleDepartment of MathematicsVU University AmsterdamDe Boelelaan 1081a1081 HV AmsterdamThe Netherlandsger.email@example.com
- Nominations, including a detailed CV of the nominee and a written justification for the nomination should be sent before 31st January, 2015.