- EURO Instruments:
- Working Groups
- Prizes and Awards
- General Support Fund
|Name||EURO working group on Lot-Sizing|
|Announcement||. We are welcoming propositions of invited sessions within the stream "Lot Sizing, Lot Scheduling and Related Problems" in IFORS 2017, Quebec City, Canada. |
If you are interested, please contact Bernardo Almada-Lobo (email@example.com), Christian Almeder (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès (email@example.com).
. If you are in interested in organizing the 2018 edition of our International Workshop on Lot Sizing, please contact Christian Almeder (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès (email@example.com).
. New members are welcome and should contact Christian Almeder (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès (email@example.com).
|Board||Bernardo Almada-Lobo, Universidade do Porto, Portugal |
Christian Almeder, Europa-Universität Viadrina, Germany
Raf Jans, HEC Montréal, Canada
Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès, Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne, France
Wilco van den Heuvel, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
INESC-TEC, Faculty of Engineering of Porto University
Rua Dr. Roberto Frias s/n
Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne - LIMOS
Manufacturing Sciences and Logistics
880 avenue de Minet
Phone: +33 (0)4 42 61 66 60
|Purpose and history||The purpose of this new EURO Working Group on Lot-Sizing (denoted as EWG LOT) is to advance the development and application of Operations Research methods, techniques and tools to the field of lot-sizing. Both academic and applied research will be supported by this Working Group. |
Lot-sizing refers to the activity of constructing production plans in which decisions have to be taken on the level and timing of production lots, usually for several different products at the same time. The objective is typically profit maximization, which in many cases boils down to minimizing the total costs while satisfying the customers’ demand. Lot-sizing is a central step in the optimization of overall supply chain activities. Efficient plans give companies a competitive advantage through lower costs and improved customer service.
The objectives of the EWG LOT are as follows:
Promote lot-sizing as an independent and important research area;
Promote communication (forum to share information, ideas and experiences) among individuals working in the field;
Promote the cooperation between members through joint projects;
Promote the publication of special issues and books related to this field;
Promote the organization of meetings and the setting up of a web page dedicated to the field;
Promote the organization of summer or winter schools and other training events on lot-sizing.
Its main areas of interest are:
Characterization of novel lot-sizing problems (new objective function, new constraints, multiple criteria, …);
New solution approaches for large and complex lot-sizing problems;
Identifying and solving industrial extensions to classical lot-sizing problems;
Integration of lot-sizing with other research fields: Scheduling, cutting and packing, distribution or vehicle routing;
Effect of dealing with real life instances.
|Past activities||International Workshops on Lot Sizing |
1. International Workshop on Lot Sizing - IWLS'2010, August 25th-27th, 2010. Gardanne, France (http://iwls2010.emse.fr/);
2. International Workshop on Lot Sizing - IWLS'2011, August 24th-26th, 2011. Istanbul, Turkey (http://iwls2011.emse.fr/);
3. International Workshop on Lot Sizing - IWLS'2012, August 27th-29th, 2012. Rotterdam, The Netherlands (http://iwls2012.emse.fr/);
4. International Workshop on Lot Sizing - IWLS'2013, August 26th- 28th, 2013. Brussels, Belgium (http://iwls2013.emse.fr/);
5. International Workshop on Lot Sizing - IWLS'2014, August 27th- 29th, 2014. Porto, Portugal (http://iwls2014.emse.fr/);
6. International Workshop on Lot Sizing - IWLS'2015, August 24th-26th, 2015. Montréal, Canada (http://iwls2015.emse.fr/);
7. International Workshop on Lot Sizing - IWLS'2016, August 23rd-25th, 2016. Hannover, Germany (http://iwls2016.emse.fr/).
Streams in Euro Conferences
1. EURO 2010, Lisbon, Portugal, July 11th-14th, 2010; Stream: Lot-sizing and Scheduling, Economic Order Quantity;
2. EURO 2012, Vilnius, Lithuania, July 8th-11th, 2012; Stream: Lot-sizing and Related Topics;
3. EURO 2013, Rome, Italy, July 1st-4th, 2013; Stream: Lot-sizing and Related Topics (http://www.euro-2012.lt/streams);
4. IFORS'2014, Barcelona, Spain, July 13th-18th, 2014; Stream: Lot-sizing and Related Topics;
5. EURO 2015, Glasgow, United Kingdom, July 12th-15th, 2015; Stream: Lot-sizing and Related Topics (https://www.euro-online.org/conf/euro27/streams);
6. EURO 2016, Poznań, Poland, July 3rd-6th, 2016; Stream: Lot Sizing, Lot Scheduling and Related Problems (https://www.euro-online.org/conf/euro28/streams).
|Future activities||. IFORS 2017, Quebec City, Canada, July 17th-21st, 2017; Stream: Lot Sizing, Lot Scheduling and Related Problems. |
. International Workshop on Lot Sizing - IWLS'2017, August 23rd-25th, 2017 (dates to be confirmed). Glasgow, United Kingdom (http://iwls2017.emse.fr/).