Welcome to the EURO working group on Practice of OR/Practitioners’ Forum. We are a community of practitioners of operations research and we are always excited to make new connections.
This webpage is mostly used for documentation and gathering, if you are looking for exciting news and last minute information, follow us on social media:
- Making an impact at EURO – 2022
- 2021 working group meeting (online)
- Making an impact at EURO – 2021
- 2020 working group meeting (online)
- Making an impact at EURO-2019
- 2019 working group meeting (Bologna)
- Making an impact at EURO-2018
- 2018 working group meeting (1st meeting) (Paris)
What’s going on right now?
EWG-POR FIRST FRIDAY WEBINARS on OR in practice were a great success during 2020 and will continue in the future. The recordings of these webinars are available here, for upcoming events and details of the next webinars in the programme, please follow the EventBrite group above.
What is the group about?
The EWG-POR aims to bring together all practitioners of OR and analytics who work with clients and problem-owners to help them make better decisions, design better systems, and achieve better insights. Together, we can:
- highlight and share the practical considerations that make doing OR in the real world so interesting and so challenging – the people who must be involved, the unique details of the specific problem situation, the multiple and sometimes hidden objectives
- exchange ideas, knowledge and expertise about ways of developing and improving practice
- develop networks that can be used for collaborations or for support
- make visible the importance of the practice of OR, in EURO.
If you have any suggestions or questions, an event you want to publicise, an issue you want to share, a blog or a case study you want to post, a question you want to put to the community: please contact one of the coordinators.
Become a member!
Get involved and become a member! It’s free and we’ll keep you posted on the latest updates in the field. You will also have access to additional content.