This Annual Workshop, on 16 November 2021, is designed in an inviting online setting on gather.town, where OR and analytics professionals from across Europe and beyond will have a chance to make connections, collaborate and share experience on what works and what doesn’t when OR meets practice.
– plenary keynote : Analytics for a better world: using OR to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (Plenary speaker: Dick den Hertog, co-founder of “Analytics for a Better World”)
– lightning talks:
- How mathematical optimization provides more effective coordination between air traffic controllers (Patrick Schittekat, SINTEF)
- Bringing advanced modelling methods together to solve OR problems: Simulation and reinforcement learning for 3D bin packing (Yi (Joy) Kuo, DecisionLab)
- Who should work on Christmas? (Emily Curry, Jeppesen)
- Managing disruptions in the supply chain with scenario-based optimization (Juan-Manuel Garcia-López, FICO)
- Using the 6 Capital Value Framework to incorporate environmental, customer and performance goals: business planning in the water industry (Cicely Striolo, Copperleaf )
- Building central OR expertise for Deutsche Post DHL (Baris Cem Sal, Deutsche Post DHL)
– speed networking
– discussion groups,
– informal mingling, and
– the official launch of the Practice of OR Forum.
EWG-POR 2021 Working Group Meeting – EURO Working Group on Practice of OR (euro-online.org)