MathSport International organizes biennal conferences dedicated to all topics where mathematics and sport meet. An archive of previous MathSport International conferences is maintained here.
The next Mathsport International conference will be hosted by Athens University (Greece) from Monday 1st of July to Wednesday 3rd of July 2019. Please check the conference website. It will be the 7th conference in Europe that brings together Maths and Sport. Previous conferences have been organised by the Institute of Mathematics and Its Applications (IMA), by KU Leuven and by Loughborough University.
Topics: econometrics in sport; optimal tournament design and scheduling; competitive strategy; match outcome models; decision support systems; analysis of sporting technologies; analysis of rules and adjudication; performance measures and models; optimisation of sports performance; mathematics education and sport; computationally intensive methods; financial valuation in sport.
The term sport is interpreted liberally here and includes: games and pastimes, gambling, lotteries, and general fitness and health-related activities.
- MathSport International 2017, Padua (Italy), June 26 – June 28, 2017 [organized by University of Padua]
- MathSport International 2015, Loughborough (UK), June 29 – July 1, 2015 [organized by Loughborough University]
- MathSport International 2013, Leuven (Belgium), June 5-7, 2013 [organized by KU Leuven]
- 3rd IMA International Conference on Mathematics in Sport, Manchester, June 22-24, 2011 [organised by IMA]
- 2nd IMA International Conference on Mathematics in Sport, Groningen, June 17-19, 2009 [organised by IMA]
- 1st IMA International Conference on Mathematics in Sport, Manchester, June 24-26, 2007 [organised by IMA]