- This event has passed.
Workshop on logistics of autonomous vessels
May 26 - May 30
The logistics of autonomous vessels – Call for workshop participation
At the Centre for Shipping and Logistics at NHH Norwegian School of Economics https://www.nhh.no/en/research-centres/shipping-and-logistics/we have a four-year project funded by The Research Council of Norway on Autonomous vessels (ships). One of our goals is to study the logistics of autonomous vessels. How will autonomous vessels change logistics planning and thinking? We are planning a workshop on this subject from dinner on Sunday May 26, 2019 to breakfast Thursday May 30, 2019. It will take place at Panorama Hotel and Resort (https://www.panoramahotell.no/en/) near Bergen, Norway. Since the literature on logistics of autonomous vessels is in a rather early stage, we are also looking sideways to other vehicle types to learn. So we invite you to express your interest to take part in our discussions, and to give a presentation on topics such as:
– Freight and passenger transport with autonomous vessels, particularly short-sea
– Management and operations of autonomous and mixed fleets
– New perspectives and ideas (even if not developed yet) on the logistics of autonomous vessels
– Work on other autonomous vehicles and logistics with autonomous systems, preferably with potential value for vessels
The following speakers have so far confirmed their participation (alphabetically):
– Kjetil Fagerholt, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
– Ricardo M. Lima, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
– Stefan Minner, Technical University of Munich, Germany
– Pitu Mirchandani, Arizona State University, USA
– Harilaos N. Psaraftis, Technical University of Denmark
– Frédéric Semet, Ecole Centrale, Lille, France
From NHH Norwegian School of Economics:
– Stein W. Wallace, Mario Guajardo, Julio C. Goez, Yewen Gu
We shall accept a limited number of participants, so as to facilitate a lot of time for discussions (not just presentations). We offer full coverage of all local costs (hotel and food) during the workshop (Sunday dinner to Thursday breakfast). We might be able to provide some support for travel, if that is a limiting factor for you.
Please send an email to [email protected] by February 8, 2019 to express your interest to participate in the workshop, with a title and short description (max 500 words) of the topic you would like to present.