We cordially invite you to the 3rd meeting of the EURO Working Group on the Practice of Operations Research, which will be a virtual event this year.
The meeting takes place as a Zoom Webinar, on 28th and 29th of September, 2pm-5.15pm Berlin time (CEST). Our focus will be OR projects that have met with difficulties during their implementation, including
- particularly tricky or unusual technical requirements that had to be addressed during the development phase; or
- issues related to the use or acceptance by non-OR expert end-users.
Confirmed Keynote Presentations:
- Optimization in Finance Practice and Challenges by Adrian Zymolka, Managing Director at Axioma, Germany
- Delivering OR Solutions for Everyday Operations in Energy Trading by Colin Silvester, Senior Modelling Specialist at Uniper, UK
- Successful Value Chain Optimization at a Chemical Company by Steffen Klosterhalfen, Operations Research Expert at BASF SE, Germany
- Operations Research Supporting Germany's Energy Transition by Ralf Werner, Head of IT Management and Digital transformation at Open Grid Europe GmbH, Germany
- Putting Operations Research into Operations in Deutsche Post DHL Group transition by Baris Cem Sal of Deutsche Post DHL Group Data Analytics Center of Excellence
Register directly at:
Timo Berthold, on behalf of the organizing committee