Call for Papers Annals of Operations Research Special Issue: Advanced Models for Supply Chain Finance Supply Chain Finance (SCF) has been receiving more attention in recent years.
In simple terms, SCF aims at increasing the creditability and liquidity of the companies along the supply chain. It helps them to obtain short term financing in order to fulfill their short term needs by advanced trade credits or bank loans.
Its application covers a wide range of transactions, such as contract and policy making, pricing, supply chain collaboration, supply chain security and risk management, credit rating, inventory management, and information management. In the past, SCF studies were predominately explorative in nature but nowadays its development has become more mature. SCF applications are enabled by emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence technologies, development of financial technology (FinTech), Internetbased systems, and optimization techniques.
SCF development generates valuable knowledge and opportunities for a new development of supply chain management research. In this connection, there is a need to promote advanced models for SCF.
This special issue focuses on contemporary research related to SCF from a modelling perspective.
We accept a wide range of modelling techniques such as analytical models, econometric models, among others.
Studies that pinpoint new theories and offer breakthrough models on solving the real-world SFC problems are of particular interest.
Topics of interests include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Trust in Supply Chain Finance - Credit rated supply chain finance - Trust and financial metrics
2. Security and Risk Management in Supply Chain Finance - Risk management and risk mitigation in supply chain finance - Commodity risk - Insurance and supply chain risk management
3. Optimization in Supply Chain Finance - Supply chain financial collaboration - Strategic cost management - Contract pricing and policy making in supply chain finance
4. Advanced Supply Chain Finance Technologies - Advanced innovation technologies in supporting supply chain finance - Data science and analytic in supply chain finance - Data driven supply chain finance models
Important Dates: • First submission deadline: 1 October 2020
• First round decision (major revision): 1 January 2021
• Resubmission: 1 March 2021
• Final acceptance: 1 May 2021
Instructions for Authors can be found at: https://www.springer.com/journal/10479/submission-guidelines
Please see the Author instructions on the web site if you have not yet submitted a paper through Springer’s web-based system, Editorial Manager.
When prompted, please select the special issue’s title, Advanced Models for Supply Chain Finance, to ensure that it will be reviewed for this special issue.
Papers will be subject to a strict review process under the supervision of the Guest Editors, and accepted papers will be published online individually, before print publication.
Guest Editors: Professor Kannan Govindan Centre for Sustainable Supply Chain Engineering Department of Technology and Innovation University of Southern Denmark, Denmark e-mail: [email protected]
Dr. Nick S. H. Chung Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong China e-mail: [email protected]
Professor Hing Kai Chan Nottingham University Business School University of Nottingham Ningbo, China e-mail: [email protected]