The Aerospace Centre of Excellence in MAE Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering has an opening for a 3-year fully funded research assistant position in the context of a H2020-CleanSky2 project entitled RHEA - Robust- and sustainable-by-design ultra-high aspect ratio wing and Airframe.
The project aims at the design of next-generation aircraft equipped with ultra-high aspect ratio wings and it is a collaborative effort between Strathclyde, Technical University Braunschweig (DE), Imperial College (UK), IRT Saint-Exupery (FR) and DNW - German-Dutch wind tunnels (DE-NE).
- MEng/MSc (or equivalent professional experience) in mechanical/aerospace engineering, or applied mathematics.
- Knowledge of Multidisciplinary Design Optimisation methods
- Knowledge of Uncertainty Quantification and Propagation
- Experience of code development and maintenance
- Proficiency in Python and/or C++ programming in Linux environments
- Committed to teamwork and motivated to publish scholarly work
- UK-EU nationals only
Details of the position
- Start date: 01.07.2020 or soon thereafter (no later than 01.2021)
- Duration: 3 years
- Role: Research staff with tuition-free PhD position
- Salary: approx. GBP 20,000 per yea
For any inquiries and further details please contact:
Edmondo Minisci ([email protected])