we cordially invite you to submit a manuscript for possible publication in the upcoming special issue on "Computational Discrete Optimization" to be published in the EURO Journal on Computational Optimization (EJCO) on the occasion of the 30th European Conference on Operational Research (EURO 2019). The official call for papers is provided below and can also be found as a PDF at https://tinyurl.com/y6h3tnkn.
Arie Koster and Clemens Thielen
*Call for Papers*
In a world where decisions are made on the basis of ever-growing amounts of available data, computational efficiency is a key property of almost every modern optimization algorithm. The aim of this special issue to be published on the occasion of EURO 2019 is to collect high-quality manuscripts with a computational focus from the broad area of discrete optimization and (mixed) integer programming. Both theoretical and more applied manuscripts are welcome, provided the computational contribution is significant. Submissions are not restricted to work presented at EURO 2019.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- algorithms for (mixed) integer programming
- approximation algorithms for discrete optimization problems
- decision diagrams and discrete optimization
- decomposition techniques
- exact algorithms for discrete optimization problems
- graph algorithms
- multi-objective discrete optimization
- novel (mixed) integer programming formulations
- primal-dual algorithms for discrete optimization problems
- robust discrete optimization
- scheduling and packing algorithms
- shortest path and routing algorithms
- valid inequalities for discrete optimization problems
Following the journal's high standards, all contributions will undergo the strict reviewing process of EJCO. Submission deadline is 30 September 2019.
In order to submit a paper for the special issue,
- Log in to the editorial manager using the <Author Login> via the website https://www.editorialmanager.com/ejco/
- Select <Submit New Manuscript> in the main menu.
- In the drop down list associated with <Select Article Type>, choose "Original Paper".
- At the page "Additional information", select the special issue ("SI: Computational Discrete Optimization").
We are looking forward to receiving your contributions.
The Guest Editors
Arie Koster, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Clemens Thielen, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany