Web site Instructions for Stream Organisers
The OR 2014 web site has been specially set up to enable
all work regarding streams, sessions and abstract submissions to be managed
online. The Programme Committee would be very
grateful if you would use this system in preference to submitting hard copy.
The role of the stream organiser is to manage the stream and invite individual
session chairs. The following are step-by-step instructions for your guidance
as a stream organiser:
- The first step, after you have accepted to become a stream organiser,
is to check your personal status on the EURO online system. All stream
organisers as well as session chairs and authors will have to become
members of the euro-online.org in order to work with the online abstract
submission system, which is located at the address:
There are three possibilities:
- You already have an account (for example if you participated in other
recent EURO or IFORS conferences). In this case, log into the system
using your username and password and select 'Modify my data' to verify
that your contact information is still correct. If you do not have the
login information please click on 'I forgot my username and/or password'
to receive an email with the username and password.
- The conference administrators created the account for you. In this
case you received an email from [email protected] with your
username and password. Please log into the system and select 'Modify
my data' to verify that your contact information was correctly entered.
- If you do not have an online login account, you will need to create one
for yourself by clicking on 'create a login account here' and follow
- After receiving notification that you are authorized as a stream organiser
from the adminstrators, please go to the
https://www.euro-online.org/conf/gor2014 web site
and log into
the system, using the password that was sent to you earlier.
- There should now be a light-grey vertical menu bar on the left with the
following menu items: 'Abstract Submission', 'My Streams',
'My Sessions', and 'Topic keywords'. Please click on the menu
item 'My Streams' to continue.
- You are now on page called 'Stream Chair Tools' with your stream name
listed below. Please click on the link with your stream name to continue.
- You are now on a page called 'Stream (stream name)' where you can view and
edit the stream information and then start inviting individual session
chairs. Please note that all session chairs and authors will also have
to create their respective own login accounts with EURO online before they
can start using the online abstract submission system.
- Alternatively, if the session chairs you are inviting do not already have
an online login account with EURO, you create on for them by pressing the
'Quick registration' button. After entering the email address for the new
session chair and pressing the 'Next' button, you can enter all the required
and other contact information that you have available and then press the
'Next' button to confirm.
- After inviting a session chair, they will receive an automatic email from
you asking them to log on to the system where they can update the title
of the session and invite individual authors.
- If you wish to create and manage your own sessions without establishing
separate session chairs, you may accomplish this by first adding a session
without naming a session chair and then selecting 'Sessions' from the menu
bar at the left of the page. You have three different possible ways of
inviting authors to submit abstracts for your session:
- You can have email invitation sent automatically by the system.
In this case you search for the author in the system by email or
last name. When you click on the author, they will receive an
email invitation from you to submit an abstract and it will show
up on the screen next time they log into the system.
- You can send the email invitation yourself with a submission code.
The submission code is displayed on the Session page. When the author
goes on http://www.or2014.de/
and chooses 'Abstract Submission' he
can use the submission code to enter the system and submit abstracts
in your session.
- You can enter the author and the abstract yourself into the web system.
By clicking on 'Enter a new abstract' you can enter the information
yourself without having the authors log into the system.